Ctrl + P to print recipe
+ P to print recipe
FRIED POTATO CAKES WITH MINCED GARLIC
½ kg potatoes
3 kg garlic - minced
½ kg red onion - minced
100 g pine nuts - grounded breadcrumbs oil for deep-frying salt &
1. Steam potatoes until cooked. Then peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Add the ground pine nuts to the potato paste and mix well.
3. Heat sufficient oil in the wok for deep-frying.
4. Add the minced garlic and red onion, and deep-fry until golden.
Then drain excess oil and set aside. 5. Form the potato paste to small
round cakes. Then coat the potato cakes with breadcrumbs.
6. Remove oil in the wok, leaving just sufficient oil for stir-frying.
7. Add the deep-fried garlic and onion, and potato cakes. Stir until
well mixed and add peppery salt to taste. Ready to serve.
1 no Australian lobster - weighing approximately 2 kg
1 - 2 nos egg white - depending the size of the egg
white pepper powder
MSG to taste
garlic - minced
chilli sauce to taste
chilli oil to taste
cornstarch for marinating and thickening sauce
Jiu Niang Shao Xing Jiu (Chinese wine) to taste
Superior stock for sauce
salt & sugar to taste
oil for blanching and stir-frying
1. Extract meat from lobster and cut to bite size.
2. Add to the lobster, a pinch of salt, MSG, egg white, cornstarch
and white pepper powder. Mix well and leave to marinate for ½ to 1
3. Heat sufficient oil in the wok for blanching the marinated lobster.
4. Blanch lobster in the heated oil very quickly, remove from oil,
drain and set aside. Remove oil in the wok, leaving just sufficient
oil for stir-frying.
5. Add spring onion, ginger, garlic, chilli sauce, jiu niang and stir-fry
6. Add Chinese wine and superior stock, then sugar and MSG to taste.
7. Add the blanched lobsters, and stir in cornstarch and chilli oil.
Ready to serve.