Ctrl + P to print recipe
+ P to print recipe
ROOT MOUSSELINE WITH BLACK TRUFFLE FONDUE AND BITTER COCOAL
2 lbs celery root
1 qt heavy cream
2 tbsp butter - browned
4 ea shallots - sliced and sweated in butter celery salt to taste
½ tsp lemon juice salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut tuna into cylindrical shapes approx. 2 inches diameter. Season.
2. Lightly sear in olive oil in a very hot pan. Rub lightly with
3. Roll in chopped basil.
4. Roll lightly in cling film to form an even cylinder shape. Put
in the fridge for at least two hours.
1 gl pig foot stock
½ lb black truffles
4 oz butter salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp black truffles - chopped
4 tbsp chives - chopped
1. Reduce stock to 1 qt. Grate black truffles on box grater and
add to stock. Add truffle juice, butter, salt and pepper.
2. Blend until truffles are pureed. Set aside warm.
3. To serve: Put truffles fondue on the bottom of Espresso cup.
Top with celery root mousseline. Dust with cocoa powder, chopped
truffles and chopped chives.
TOMATO WATER MARTINI
5 nos vine ripe tomatoes
½ tsp salt
1. Puree in Robot Coupe.
2. Place cheesecloth triple layer.
3. Let drip in China cup overnight with a bowl underneath to catch
3 ea pickled green tomatoes - sliced
6 ea caperberries
1 tbsp basil oil
6 ea Opal basil
1 tsp Jicama - brunoise
1 no red tomato - brunoise
1 no yellow tomato - brunoise
2 nos cherry tomatoes - sliced in ½-inch
TOMATO POPSICLE TO GARNISH
Pour chilled tomato water into martini glass. Add pickled green tomatoes
slices and caperberry. Drop basil oil, Opal, basil leaf, Jicama, red
and yellow tomato dices and cherry tomato. Garnish with tomato Popsicle.
TARTARE WITH RAW BEETS, CAVIAR AND WILD BABY LEEKS
Chef Kenneth Oringer
2 nos Hamachi fillet - chopped fine
1 ea English cucumber brunoise
2 tbsp Asian pear brunoise
2 tbsp chives - chopped
¼ tsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp lemon juice grape-seed oil salt & pepper to taste
2 dl chicken stock salt & pepper
Mix all ingredients and hold.
1 ea candy cane beets - wash sliced thin
1 oz Ossetra cavier
¼ cup squid ink
2 tbsp mussel liquor
1 tsp lobster oil
1 tsp grape-seed oil cayenne pepper
Mix into vinaigrette
24 ea baby leeks
½ cup rice wine - vinegar
½ tsp ginger
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Bring liquid to boil. Add remaining ingredients and let it marinate
2. To serve: Toss beet slices with lemon juice, salt and pepper and
grape-seed oil. Place Hamachi tartare in each slice of beet, add a
dollop of caviar and fold over into pockets. Garnish tops with some
caviar and chervil. Decorate with drips of squid ink vinaigrette and
marinated baby leeks.