TUNA, PEPPER COMPOTE, OLIVES AND BASIL
Serve: 4 portions
For the tuna:
200 g top loin of tuna
30 g basil - chopped
2 x tbsp Dijon mustard olive oil seasoning
1. Cut tuna into cylindrical shapes approx. 2 inches diameter. Season.
2. Lightly sear in olive oil in a very hot pan. Rub lightly with Dijon
3. Roll in chopped basil.
4. Roll lightly in cling film to form an even cylinder shape. Put
in the fridge for at least two hours.
2 nos red peppers - peeled and diced (1 cm dice) retain any juice
1 clove garlic - shaved
1 no banana shallot - shaved
1 tbsp tomato puree
10 ml balsamic vinegar
20 ml olive oil pepper coulis (enough to bind)
10 g basil - picked
10 g flat parsley - picked
1. In olive oil, fry shaved garlic and shallots until nearly soft,
2. Add tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and pepper juice, cook for 5
3. Add pepper coulis (enough to bind), cook gently for 1 hour.
4. Season well and add half the picked herbs and blast chill.
5. Once cool add remaining herbs, check seasoning.
100 g red peppers - roughly diced
50 g shallots - roughly diced
25 g garlic - roughly chopped
1 tsp tomato puree
40 ml white wine
80 ml vegetable stock
20 ml olive oil pinch of sugar seasoning
1. In a large pan heat olive oil, add peppers, shallots and garlic.
Cook until soft. Remove before turning brown.
2. Add tomato puree, white wine and sugar, reduce by one third.
3. Add stock and reduce by half. Blend to a smooth paste and season,
16 nos basil leaves
10 g parsley leaves
6 nos cherry tomatoes - halved
1 clove garlic - shaved
0.5 no shallots - shaved
60 g green beans (cut into 1.5 inch batons)
12 nos black olive - pitted
12 nos green olive - pitted .
OF CHICKEN WITH LANGOUSTINES & SUMMER GREENS
By Chef Henrik Iversen
4 nos corn fed chicken supremes
2 nos banana shallots - chopped
12 nos asparagus spears
12 nos sugar snaps
12 nos mange touts
6 nos baby leeks
100 g Jerusalem artichokes - cooked
16 nos langoustines
2 glasses dry Riesling white wine
150 g unsalted butter
2 dl chicken stock salt & pepper
1. Pre-blanch all the green vegetables in boiling salted water and
refresh in iced water.
2. Trim the chicken breasts removing any excess fat, and season. In
a sauté pan seal the chicken breasts in a little butter.
3. Once sealed, remove from pan and add the chopped shallots. Allow
to soften. Remove before turning brown.
4. Put the chicken breasts back in the pan and add the white wine,
chicken stock and seasoning. Cover with tin foil in a hot oven for
5. Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts and add the langoustines.
Allow to cook for 1 ˝ minutes then remove and keep warm.
6. Whisk in the remaining butter, making sure the liquid does not
come to boil.
7. Add the vegetables, chicken breasts, and langoustines and ensure
all ingredients are hot.
8. Once hot, divide equally into 4 large bowls and serve.